Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm Going on Vacation!!!

We are going on vacation for a few days to a very dog-friendly place with beaches and bluffs and meadows and creeks! It's called Mendocino! (Mendocino is home to the only restaurant in California where dogs can eat INDOORS!!!) I am very excited to go, but I have to wait for Daddy to wake up before we can leave. I guess I will spend this time packing my bag. I can also tell you what I have been doing lately.

I sure have had a busy couple of weeks! August has been much better than July so far. No surgeries! Yay! Two weekends ago we went to our favorite pet supply store to find something for me to chew on while I am on crate rest. Being still is soooo boring that Mommy and Daddy decided that they wanted to get me a special treat. We bought these dried sweet potato things and then we went to the coffee shop next door to get Daddy a treat. While Mommy and I were waiting outside, she opened the sweet potato package and I practically tried to grab it out of her hands! She gave me one to eat on her lap, and it was soooo good! She was surprised because she had bought me a sample one of these before, but I didn't like it at all. Maybe it was too dried out. But these were moist and delicious and chewy! Look at me chowing down:

A couple of weeks ago Mommy did a bad thing and ordered me another jacket plus TWO more Puppia harnesses (one pink and one brown). We eagerly awaited its arrival for a looong time, and it finally arrived the other day! I will take a picture of me in my new Urban Hund jacket while we are on vacation this week. It is brown corduroy lined with pink fleece! They included some sample treats in the package, and I was very interested in finding out what they were. I dug and scratched at the package to no avail. She finally had to help me get them out, and guess what they were. Peanut butter ballz! Oh yummy yummy! Mommy checked the PB recall pet food/treat list first to see if they were on it, and when they got the all-clear, I chowed down! It was a little bit hard to get started because they are so huge and they roll around like a ball! At first I didn't know whether to eat it or play with it! I figured it out eventually. So delicious!

In other news, I received an award from my new friend Coco the chihuahua. She says I am a gem! Thank you, Coco! How sweet of you!

I will see you all after my picturesque coastal vacation!!!
Bye for now,
Poppy the LBC

13 comments:

Deefor said...

Hi Poppy!
Good to hear your resting and not going back to the vet. Tell your mom Dr. Deefor says lots of treats are very good for you. Enjoy your vacation and tell us all about the doggy menu at the restaurant.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Enjoy your time away!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

Hi Poppy,

I agree with Dr Deefor, yes lots of treats, sweet potato and peanut butter, all good medicine as well as a great vacation!

Enjoy your vacatioin we look forward to all your pictures.

Hugs, Tessa

Tiffany and the Munchkins said...

Have fun on your vacation! And congrats on your award.

Chihuahua kisses,
Bentley & Lexus

Bijou said...

Hi Poppy,

It is great to see you up and getting around so well. Those pb balls look really yummy. We had some sweet potato fries not long ago but they were yucky but yours do look tastier!

I can't wait to see your new coat. Pink and brown are my favorite colors!

Have a terrific time on your vacation. Getting to eat indoors with the hoomans. Wow what a treat!

Congrats on the award!

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou

Lorenza said...

Hi, Poppy!
Wow!
Vacation!
Yummy treats!
New clothes!
I wish you and your parents a pawesome and relaxing vacation!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Jemma Chihuahua said...

Poppy, have fun on your vacation! Inside the restaurant with the humans? Sounds like heaven! BTW, I love dried potato treats, too.

Draco and his Mom said...

Hi Poppy...have fun on your vacation...you always have the best pictures from your trips. I would like the peanut butter ball also...Yummm
Wags
Draco

Tadpole said...

Mmmm... was it a Sam's Yams? I had one of those once upon a time before my pancreas got angry at me - it was one of the best days of my life.

And it is NEVER naughty to order things for doggies! It's GREAT! I can't wait to see your new jacket! :-)

Have fun!

Sarcasta-Mom said...

Hope you're having a great vacation!

Green-ish said...

Poppy, those sweet potato things look yummy! Speaking of yummy, why don't you head on over to our blog and see a special award we have for you!

-Yoshi and Cody

Sketching with Dogs said...

Hello Poppy

We think you are such a brave girl. Hope you have a lovely holiday and come back feeling much better!
Mum thinks you are such a special little girl and loves your blog so much she went right to the beginning and read the whole thing :-)

Wags and kisses from
Dinah and Bridget xx

Team Tabby said...

Poppy hope you are enjoying your vacation, have fun.


Moe, Mindy, Bono, Cookie & Mike