Monday, June 18, 2012

My Busy Summer Schedule

Hello Everybuddy!

Oh, gosh, I am so behind because I have been so busy!  Summer sure is great!  Let me tell you all about what I have been up to lately.

I had a playdate with my friend Maggie the week before last.  It was fun!  We met in her backyard and tried to play together, even though it was a veeeeery hot day.  We spent a lot of the time sitting in the shade on the patio.  I kept trying to get inside where I thought it would be cooler.  That's why I'm sitting by the door.

Once the shade hit the lawn, we decided it would be okay to go play on the grass.  We did a little bit of chase, but mostly we ambled.  Chihuahuas are very good at ambling.

Then on Monday, Mommy went to a special doggy store and got me a special treat!  It was a big butterfly cookie!
It was a little bit hard to eat at first because it was so big and hard.  But I worked at it and eventually I broke it into smaller pieces and I ate it all!

Then last week we did a big camping adventure.  It was so much fun!  I love camping!  We went to a beautiful place in the forest near the beach.  It's the best of everything!  It was a little bit chilly at night, but Mommy and Daddy do a good job of bundling me up when it gets cold.

The next day we went to the beach.  It is a special beach that has purple sand!  It was very windy, but we still had lots of fun.  I got to chew some sticks and run in the sand and have a picnic, too.

I hope you are having as nice a month as I am having!

Bye for now,
Poppy the Little Blonde Chihuahua

4 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

You are having such a great Summer Poppy. Your play date sounds like lots of fun and you must have had a great time camping!
Treats aren't so easy to eat when your mouth is the size ours is :)
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Gosh you are having so much fun! I love camping too! And I love the beach, and I love cookies!
My mommy breaks cookies for me sometimes- cause she thinks I don't know how to do it. But I do!!
I love your camping photo. Your sooo cute!
love
tweedles

Archie and Melissa said...

hi poppy!

oh you are having so much fun!

thank you so much for taking us along!

:)
Melissa & Archie

Jemma Chihuahua said...

Poppy, you must be having the time of your life! From camping to the beach back to back. I am jealous! :)