Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Desert Trek

Hi Furiends!

Last weekend we went on a desert trek day trip.  Just cuz.  It was a long drive, but I didn't mind because mostly I just like to be with my Mommy and Daddy no matter what they are doing.

We found a tiny little desert park with lots of joshua trees.  The nature trail was a little narrow and Mommy was worried about rattlesnakes, so I got carried.  I like to dangle my feets when Daddy carries me like this.

In the places where the path was wide, I got to walk.  Daddy said I was "walking in the sands of my ancestors" on account of I am a chihuahua and I guess we come from the desert.  Hhmm...


Mommy said I am a good little road-tripper.  I guess that means I like to sit quietly in my chair and watch the world go by.  It was a pretty fun day, all in all.

Bye for now,
Poppy the LBC

6 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

That is one cool trek. Hope you brought lots of water. Since you walked the ENTIRE way you must have been exhausted
Benny & Lily

Sketching with Dogs said...

How exciting to go into the desert. Glad you didn't bump into any rattlesnakes!
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

Team Tabby said...

Ah, Poppy, sound like you had a lovely day!!

Charlemagne said...

Hi Poppy!! You are such an adventurer! I wish I could be carried and dangle my feet. Mom says I'm too big of a man now.
What a lovely day you had!

Carrie, Taco & Charlie said...

I would like the desert too since I love sand and hate to get my feet wet. I suppose that's a chihuahua thing?

Taco
x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Poppy
I love when you share your adventures with us. Your world is so beautiful, and you have so much fun!
love
tweedles