Tadpole said he would interview me! This is a fun game...er, I mean, a very serious journalistic exercise. He asked me FIVE questions, plus a bonus question! I will do my best to answer them properly. Here goes:
INTRO question) Do you think I'm cute? If yes, please explain. If no, please pretend I didn't ask that. Okay, that was just a practice one, but I still want you to answer it but only if your answer is YES.
Oh, Tadpole, I think you are definitely in the Cutie-Poo club. As the founding (and currently the only) member, I can say this with certainty. Here is why I think you are Cutie-Poo, in no particular order. First, your freckles. As I've said before, they are very well-placed. And they are also brown, which is one of my favorite colors. Second, your lips. They are so soft-looking! My Mommy especially loves them because--don't tell anyone--she has a thing for dog lips. She thinks they're neat. Third, your ears. You wear them at such a jaunty angle! Mine only go up, so I am intrigued by dogs who can wear them down or flapped back inside out. Fourth, the way you sometimes sit with one paw up in the air. That's just like me! And finally, the way you look in fashions. You always look so nice when you dress up.
1) Please tell us why, in your opinion, the CUBS are better than the San Francisco Giants. And are you bitterly disappointed that they are not in the play-offs and the CUBS are?
Hmm. This is a hard one. Is a Cub like a little bear? If so, I have never met one. But then again, I have never met a Giant either. I have been to two baseball games that were supposedly played by "Giants," but I never saw a giant either time. What a rip off. So maybe a Cub is a kind of bear who plays baseball. Cool! I would pay to see that! And as for these "playoff" things, I have to tell you the truth. I only like baseball because of the outfits I get to wear.
2) What's it like going to the beach? Do you ever go in the water?! Do you get to ride your bike there?
The beach is the absolute best! I can't explain why, but as soon as my feet touch sand, I have to RUN!!! Running in sand is so much fun! If you don't have a beach near you, you can recreate this effect at a playground. Try it! As for going in the water, I did it once sort of accidentally. I was caught up in the moment, and before I knew it, my feet were wet up to my ankles! Brrr! As anyone who has ever been to the beach in northern California knows, you DO NOT go in the water without a wetsuit.
Here is a picture of how I got wet at the beach: I wasn't paying attention!
We cannot ride our bikes to the beach because it's too far, but occasionally we will ride them at the beach. The time we did that it was very windy and cold. Luckily, I am a skilled bike-rider, and I was able to steer the bike even though I was very very cold. I had to wear my sweater, see:
3) If you were forced to get rid of ALL your toys except one, due to some catastrophic event in the lives of all doggins world wide, which toy would you keep?
Oh, you sure do know how to ask the tough questions, Tad. I can narrow it down to two choices, but how will I ever pick between my beloved purple loofah dog and my soft bite floppy disc (aka, frisbee)?! My frisbee is good for flinging, but my loofah dog is good for both flinging and squeaking. I think I have to choose loofah.
4) What do you do to entertain youself when your mom and dad aren't home?
Oh, that's easy. I don't even have to tell you. A picture is worth a thousand words.
Mommy and Daddy's favorite game when they get home is to run around the house and feel for the warm spot that gives away where I was sleeping. More often than not, it's on the bed.
5) What one thing would you change to make the world more dog-friendly? (I know that's pretty open-ended, but interpret it any way you want and go for it!)
Mommy can think of lots and lots and lots of ways to make the world more animal- and people-friendly. But if we're just talking about dogs, that's easy. I would make a law that dogs have to be given the same respect and privileges as children. That would mean dogs could go in a restaurant, they could go on an airplane and sit in their Mommy's lap, they could go in any store, they couldn't be left outside on a chain all day, parents who hit their dogs would go to jail, dog food would be made to the same standards that children's food is (ie, not poisoned with melamine), etc. You get the idea. Here's a picture of me eating at an outside restaurant. I'm not dirty, I'm not mean. Why can't I come inside?
Gee, that was fun! Thanks, Tad!
If you want to play too, here's how:
If YOU'D like to be interviewed, let me know! Here are the rules:
1. If you are interested in being interviewed, leave me a comment saying, 'interview me.'
2. I will respond by posting five questions for you. I get to pick the questions.*
3. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Pee Ess-- Look! I invented something! It's an official 100% Cutie-Poo badge!!! I hereby give this badge to Tadpole, with the understanding that he may pass it on to other Cutie-Poo doggies, if he so chooses. (I hope he does--the more, the merrier!)