Wednesday, August 8, 2007

NOMSSF Challenge

Hi! I read on Dobby’s blog about a special challenge to make a “Not Of My Species Special Friend.” I am a brave Pooper, so I will accept this challenge. I have a real-life NOMSSF: my sissy Clover! So this post is dedicated to her. I love her so much! Here is a pretty picture of her from a couple of years ago:


Clover lived with my parents before I came, so I have always appreciated her acceptance of me into her house--even after I stole her green clover bed that Mommy made special for her. Here she is trying it out for the first time way back in April of 2005:

And here I am just a couple of months ago:

This bed is a prized position in the household, so it really wasn't fair that I took it from her. But it is just so comfy! I could hear it calling my name: Poppyyyyy...Poppyyyyy! But we’re even now, because she has stolen my bunk basket!!! If you recall, Mommy just made a nice fluffy blue pillow for the top of my bunk basket so I could keep her company when she is in the study. I loved it—for about a day. Then Clover discovered it. We have had this bunk basket for over a year and she has only used it once or twice. It seems that all she was waiting for was a nice fluffy blue pillow! She now sleeps in it every night and all day long. Here is the photographic evidence:

I suppose it’s only fair, really.

And now for my not-in-real-life NOMSSF. His name is Fat Eric and he is an orange kitty, just like my sissy Clover. You should go check out his blog. He lives in England and has lots of fun adventures being the only cat in his household.

Bye for now!
Poppy the LBC

6 comments:

Daisy said...

Poppy, your sister Clover is very beautiful! I hope she is not too sad that you stoled her fancy green clover bed.

Fat Eric is a good friend to have. He is my friend, too.

Anonymous said...

hi poppy! nice to meet you! i have a cat too his name is nixon and he is a spy. he sits on top of the kitchen cabinet things and stares down at me. i think he is plotting his evil schemes from up there!

Bernard Hinault Lilje said...

Hi there!!
Love the napping arrangements. I have 2 cats, Six and Munch. Glad we could meet and be friends.
If my parents could ever sell our house, I might know what it's like to have a new yard...how's the house part?

Bernard

Lindy said...

Wow! You really do have a nice set of ears. Thanks for visiting my great blog. I like visitors. And I like treats.

I just got a cool new guestbook. It's in the sidebar if you want to come over and sign in.

Have fun in your new bed.

Love,

Rowan

Tadpole said...

Aha ha ha! Way to steal the coveted green clover bed!!! :-) I stole the ottoman from my sister when I first came home... it's great!

Marc Menninger said...

Wow! Great shots! Really cute!

I love Chihuahuas. I have two of my own, Faye and Bella. I've posted several photos of them in the Yuwie Chihuahua club here:

http://www.yuwie.com/clubs/pictures.asp?id=1074

You can join this and other Yuwie clubs through this link:

http://www.SocialNetworkingClubs.com

Keep up the great blog!

-Marc