Monday, July 28, 2008

Hiking in the Redwoods

Yesterday we went to the Santa Cruz Mountains to go hiking in the redwoods. It was a really nice warm day--perfect for a long walk in the forest. First we had a picnic near the parking lot and gift shop. I got to sit on the table because I'm such a Good Doggie. See how patiently I am waiting for a piece of sandwich?

After we ate lunch we went for a walk through the redwood grove. There were signs that had pictures that looked like this:
Clearly this means "No West Highland White Terriers Allowed." Since I am definitely not a Westie, we decided that this sign didn't apply to me, so we went in anyway, of course. Yes, yes, we are Rule Breakers!!! Being a dog in the US means you have to be a rule breaker sometimes, doesn't it? Truth be told, the sign that was actually posted was that brown one of a great dane that you see all over California...do you know the one I mean? Well, clearly I am not a great dane either, so no problem!

While we were in the redwood grove I peed next to this tree:
Wow! After our illegal jaunt through the grove, we walked along a little creek. We saw several other dogs, including a very friendly one named Wally, but he didn't look like the Wally I know.

All in all, it was a very nice day. I heard Mommy and Daddy talking about going hiking again tomorrow, too!

Bye for now,
Poppy the LBC

Pee Ess:
I just found out that I got an award from Dobby! Thanks ever so much, Dobby!
I would like to pass this artsy award on to Daisy the Curly Cat, because she and her Mommie take such beautiful pictures.

If you would like to pass on this award, you should do so, making sure to leave links and notes and yada yada, you know the drill. Also we should say that this award originated with Arte Y Pico.

14 comments:

Petra said...

Anyone can see that the sign was clearly not meant for you, Poppy!

Congrats on the award!

Tadpole said...

Woot! My Poppy-cicle is back! (you don't mind if I call you "mine" do you? ;-)

Yay for peeing on trees! Yay for going where no dog is supposed to go! Yay for cute Puppia harnesses!

And my girl can't stop oggling you in your doggles in your last post. They're her favorite. Thank dog she doesn't have any money right now or she'd probably get me some....

Lorenza said...

Hi, Poppy!
If they don't want any dogs there, they should be more especific!
Some times it feels so good to break the rules!
Congratulations on your award!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Rambo said...

Popster,
I wonder if that was the first time a dog have ever peed on the gigantic tree?
Ram

Jemma Chihuahua said...

Oh Poppy, that's a unique way of interpreting the signs! I haven't ever seen any signs banning Chihuahuas either, so Mom will have to borrow that excuse next time! No more telling me, "But Jemma, the signs say no dogs allowed."

Did you hike off-leash, too?

Jemma Chihuahua said...

I just looked at the pix again and you have the same orange flowery collar as me! Except Mom gave mine to Mango.

Pedro said...

Poppy,

That is a HUGE tree. I could leave tons and tons of pee-mails on it! Wow!!!

Pedro

Daisy said...

That looks like a really fun place for a walk! Congratulations on your award. And thanks ever so much for thinking of me, too!

Mack said...

You're a rebel, Poppy!!

Sharon said...

Wow Poppy, we want to visit the redwoods so bad- you are a lucky girl! We live much too far away though, it would have to be a special trip. Hope you had fun peeing on the big trees!

Murphey said...

Sometimes we dogs just gotta break the rules, and how fun is that. That tree you claimed was awesome!

Murph

Deefor said...

I don't think that sign was meant for you. You know how to read and you sure aren't a great dane. I don't really think they're doggies. More like small horsies that pretend they're doggies.

Nice peeing trees. They look like they could use some water. We break the law here too sometimes. Don't tell.

Deefor

wally said...

Obviously the sign was not meant for you.

And I wish it had been me because we all would rather be hiking amongst the redwoods and picnicking with Poppy than sweltering on the East Coast.

wally t.

meemsnyc said...

You are a rule breaker! But a cute furry one, so that is allowed.