Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Sense of Drama is Highly Developed

Hi friends,

As you can see, I'm still resting and recuperating from my back surgery. Sometimes I am restless and really want to get up and move around, and sometimes I am very sleepy, like this:
Mommy put a camping mattress on the floor so she could rest next to me. It puts her in the perfect position to rub my head constantly. Yay!

Last night Daddy noticed that it is really swollen along my back where the incision is. It's probably a seroma, which they told us could happen. It's supposedly not bad, but Mommy hates it and wishes it would go away! They are putting warm stuff on my back to help it feel better, like this warm washcloth in a plastic bag:

I am starting to feel more feisty and have taken to screaming any time someone tries to pick me up. Mommy and Daddy do not appreciate this; I'm not sure why. After all, when I scream, I usually get what I want! I'm not really in more pain now...it's just that I tend to be a little bit overdramatic. For example, the other day when Mommy said, "Poppy, do you want to go out?" I stood up and walked across the bed to her before she even knew what was happening--and no screaming at all! Of course, they didn't tell me that we were going to the v-e-t to get my sticky fentanyl patch removed!

I am really excited because tonight I might get to go out to dinner and see my long lost Uncle DJ, who I haven't seen in over six months! He is the one who doggysat me when Mommy and Daddy had to go to Cirque du Soleil after my last back surgery. Oh, I am excited!

Bye for now,
Poppy the LBC

16 comments:

Draco and his Mom said...

Oh Poppy you are such a brave chihuahua...I love you.
@->----- I send you a rose.
Love, Draco the Chihuahua

Ruby Bleu said...

So glad you are feeling feisty, but take it easy. You don't want to over do it, ok?

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Esri Rose said...

Poor sweetie Poppy. I like the picture of you holding your Mommy's hand.

Team Tabby said...

It is good news to hear that you are bouncing back from your surgery and doing so well. Keep up the good work, Poppy!

Hugs

Pedro said...

Poppy,

Nothing wrong with being a little dramatic after all you've been through! Milk it!!!! Hope that seroma thing calms down. Maybe you do feel more pain since your patch was removed?

Pedro

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Glad to see woo are khoming around AND playing 'em!

They would be disappointed if woo didn't!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Hi, Poppy!
Glad to know you are feeling better!
Yes, take it easy, please!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Asta said...

Poppy
I came by to wish you a quick wecovewy
get well vewy soon sweetie
smoochie healing kisses
ASTA

Deefor said...

Hi Poppy
I'm glad you are feeling better. But that was tricky-- going out to the vet! I have to try that screaming thing.

Take care and rest--Deefor

Bijou said...

Hi Poppy,

I am so glad to hear you are doing better. As for the screaming... you go ahead and scream all you want. You've earned that right!

I hope the seroma goes away soon.

Wags & wiggles,
Bijou

Maddoxies said...

Hi Poppy

Tell you mom and dad that it feels really nice to take on of your dad's sports socks and fill it about 2/3 with regular rice. They can warm this in the microwave and make a lovely heat pack for your back. It feels sooo good to snuggle against (it should be warm to the touch on the inside of your mom's arm, so it won't burn you)

REST and get better soon
luv Valentin, Heidi, Daisy, Pogo and Stanley

Anonymous said...

Hi Poppy,

We are so sorry that you have to go through all of this. So happy that the pain is getting better though.

Keep getting better!

Hugs and crossing my paws,

Tessa

Mack said...

I think you could even teach Paris a thing or two!

Good luck on the recovery and rest up!

Petra said...

I hope you got to go see your uncle last night, Poppy! It makes me sad to see you under the weather. Get well soon!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Poppy! You got up and wandered over with no trouble at all? That is most excellent!!!!! But still, you need to be pampered for awhile yet.

KukasWorld.com said...

lovely!!!
:)