Monday, June 11, 2012

In the Big City

Hi Furiends,

As promised, I will now tell you all about my adventure in the Big City.  It was not a very big adventure, but it was still fun because I got to go to a place I had never been before.  Mommy and Daddy took me out to lunch at a restaurant in San Francisco where they have outside tables for people with doggies.  I was not allowed to walk very much on the sidewalk because it was busy and dirty and Mommy was afraid I would get stepped on or step in something yucky.  There were lots of dogs walking by, and they got to walk on the ground, but I guess they are city dogs, and I am not.  Besides, it is much nicer to be carried and sit on someone's lap than it is to walk all the way down there on the ground!

Lunch was delicious!  I got to have some beans from Daddy's plate and some carrots from Mommy's salad!


We ate lunch with some of Mommy and Daddy's friends who I had never met before.  They said I was soooooo cute!  One of them was overcome with an urge to hold me.  Hmmm...I am sometimes nervous about being held by strangers.  But I agreed, because I could see that she was very excited about it, and I only grrred at her once!

While we were there, I learned how to pee and poop like a city dog.  I peed in the tiny square of dirt that a tree was planted in on the sidewalk, and I pooped right in the middle of the sidewalk in front of a man pushing a baby stroller.  Oopsie!  Mommy said sorry, and he just laughed and said, it's okay.  I am sorry that we do not have pictures of this.

After lunch, we were supposed to go to the park, but we ran out of time, so that adventure will have to wait for another day.

Bye for now,
Poppy the Little Blonde Chihuahua in the Big City

5 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Wow, that was an exciting adventure for you. It was very funny too. We do not like to walk when there are lots of people either. Good for you, getting some nice noms and pooping right in the middle of the sidewalk, hahahahaha!
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

Jemma Chihuahua said...

Looks like you had a great adventure, Poppy! I don't like it too much when strangers hold me either. I prefer interacting with them from the ground.

I'm used to the hustle and bustle of urban life, so I guess that makes me a city dog. Sometimes we really wish we had lots of green fields to run around in. All the ones here are always full of people and dogs. Very exhausting sometimes.

Lorenza said...

Sure it was a great adventure in the Big City!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Nadine, Chewy and Lilibell said...

Poppy, you got the peeing and pooping part wrong...you pee on the sidewalk and poop in the tree dirt!!! Next time you go to a big city, you talk to us, we can give you lots of advice on how to survive in a city, BOL!

City Waggles & Chi kisses, Chewy & Lilibell

Daisy said...

Oh Poppy, what a great adventure you had!