Thursday, July 5, 2007

My First Baseball Game--8/15/06


I went to my first baseball game last weekend. Here is a picture of me at the baseball park in San Francisco looking for the Giants. I never saw them, though. All I saw were normal size people. They were certainly bigger than I am, but that's not saying much.

I never knew I liked baseball until recently. See, baseball is this game where your parents take you on a long drive to a big grassy field, only you don't get to go on the field. You have to sit on metal benches with a bunch of other dogs. The baseball game starts when dogs wearing clever costumes parade around the grassy field. Then there is an intermission where some men run around with a ball and a stick--boring. But then the baseball game starts again and the dogs with the best costumes come out on the field and we all get to vote on who we think is the best. My mom and dad liked the beer and hot dog couple the best, but "Lou Seal" ended up winning. He was pretty cute too, I guess. Then there was another intermisson with the guys with the ball and the stick--whatever.

I was wearing my baseball outfit, which is a shirt that says "San Francisco 25." During the ball and stick intermissons, one of the big men was wearing the SAME SHIRT AS ME!!! Each time he tried to hit the ball with the stick everybody yelled really loud and all the dogs started barking. Not me though. I wasn't sure what was going on. I just wanted to see more baseball; meaning well-dressed dogs walking around the grassy field, of course.

The worst part about baseball was when Daddy left for fifteen hours (or minutes, I'm not sure). But the worst part quickly turned into the best part because when he finally came back, he had treats for everybody! He complained about how there is only one concession stand in the whole park that sells veggie dogs, but Mommy was very proud of him for finding them. I got to eat part of one and it was soooooo good. I love baseball!!!

Bye!
Poppy Dog

No comments: