While out for my evening walkies last night, I was involved in a scary incident. I was bounding through the grass in our neighborhood park, when something small and fuzzy-looking caught my eye: a bee! Being an official Beedog, I didn’t think the bee would mind a quick game of pounce and chase. No sooner had I executed my first pounce than I felt a sharp pain in my right leg. I cried out, “I’ve been hit, I’ve been hit!” Mommy immediately rushed to my aid, scooping me up and saying, “Oh, little Poopers, did the bee sting you?!” Yes, yes, didn’t you hear me?! I’ve been hit!
I couldn’t walk because I didn’t want to put my little injured paw on the ground, so Mommy had to carry me all the way home. A man walking by said, “Oh, is she all tired out?” Never! I am a hiking dog and I can walk forever; but not with a serious injury like this! Once we got home, Mommy called Daddy, who is a paramedic, and he said we should make a poultice of baking soda and water to draw out the poison. Mommy did it, but I didn’t like it one bit. She also tried to put an icepack on me—oh, the indignity of it all!
See how sad I look in the picture, holding my injured paw up out of harm’s way? I had a nice sleep last night though, and today I am all better. I was even better enough to run errands with Mommy after work today. Hooray, I love errands!
Bye for now,