Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beach Day!!! (and Pawlympics Excitement)

Hello Furiends!

I had a very nice beach day with my friend Maggie that I want to tell you about.  We met for lunch at this place that has a very nice outdoor seating area for doggies and their peoples.  There were lots of other dogs there sitting on the ground.  Um, yes, on the ground.  What is up with that?  Maggie and I do not sit on the ground.  We sit on laps!

We both got to share a little bit of the lunches our parents were having.  I liked the artichoke hearts; Maggie wasn't so sure.  I also had some beans, of course.

After lunch, we went to the beeeeeach!!!  We got to run run run in the sand with our Daddies!

Somehow I got my nose all covered in sand.  Oops!  It's okay.  Mommy cleaned it off for me.

Oh, wait.  I think I know how I got sand all over my nose.  It was from all my frisbee chasing!  Look at me goooooo!!!


On a related note, I have decided to pawticipate in the Blogville Olympics 2012!  Any dog or cat can participate.  If you want to participate, you should hurry because you have to send in your picture soon.
http://petblogginggames.blogspot.com/
I have decided that I will pawticipate in two events.  I'm going to do the Frisbee/Discus (hosted by Pip) and Roaching and Rolling (hosted by Ruby and Penny).

I will use the pictures from my beach day for the frisbee event, and the pictures from when I rolled in something delicious for the roaching/rolling event.  I am excited to see everyone's pictures once the events start.  Hooray for the Pawlympics!!!

Bye for now,
Poppy the LBC

7 comments:

Lorenza said...

Sure you had a great time with your friend!
Great pictures of the frisbee event!
Good luck!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Ruby and Penny said...

Hi Poppy!

Thanks for entering the Roachin' & Rollin' Olympic event.
You are very good at it. We wish we had a beach to go to.

Love Ruby & Penny

The Daily Pip said...

Hi Poppy! Wow, you are super lucky to live near the beach! Looks like so much fun!

Your pal, Pip

Sketching with Dogs said...

Haha, rolling in something smelly is still rolling right?
What a fantastic day out at the beach, Mum says you have a better social life than she does Poppy!
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

HELLO! said...

OH man you guys are getting ready for that Olympics for sure!!! We bet you guys will win gold for sure. Happy Wednesday! ~Weinerful Gang~

The Daily Pip said...

Hi Poppy! I am sorry, but I am not sure why my blog isn't loading right for you. I'll ask around and see if others are having the same problem.

Your pal, Pip

Tweedles -- that's me said...

What a lucky little cutie pie you are!
I would love to live near a beach and play like you do. You look like you have so much fun!
love
tweedles